Who we are
HQ : Tokyo
Established : 1993
Employees : 88
ITS-Japan is a solid company with a capital of 80 million yen, annual sales 1,265 million yen (for the year 2017) and with 88 employees.
Our CEO’s name is Nakahara Shinji.
Many of our employees, including our CEO, come from Kagoshima Prefecture, Southern Japan. We are trying to further raise the level of education of the entire prefecture, centered around Kagoshima which has been a strong city in terms of education.
Still, IT business in Japan is mostly concentrated in Tokyo.
We have been actively recruiting talented people from all over Japan and established our business in Tokyo,
to achieve our mission: providing high quality IT services.
Many of our clients are listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and expect high quality IT services. In order to meet this demand, we recruit many talented people, provide high quality IT services, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by building long-term business relationships.
We are running the following activities:
- System integration
We have been working on development and operation of key systems, IT support service, web development, etc. for various companies (listed, unlisted and foreign companies).
- We sell used PCs, iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices
- Planning, operation and management service for Internet shops
- Consulting service for the installation, operation, and utilization of SaaS and other new services to users within our clients’ organization
Our engineering team
What projects/services is your engineering team working on?
- Development, maintenance and update of core systems for listed companies, sub-systems and human resource systems for foreign companies established in Japan
- Development, maintenance and update of web supply system for a listed company
- Consulting, POC, construction and operation of a sales support system for a medical trading company
- Development of a sales support system for car dealer businesses
What technologies are you using?
- Technologies related to cloud services and porting, AWS, Azure
- Java, Japascript and other web-related technologies
- Databese construction for core systems, web, sales support systems etc.
What type of engineers work at your company? What is their job content?
Introduction consulting for user departments, Project Manager, Project Management Office Staff, IT support, SE, Programmer
Do you plan on using any new technologies in the future?
- Planning and support for the introduction of Saas and packages, such as Salesforce and SAP
Career step up
During the first year after joining, IBM basic training of new employees on e-learning (provided by i-learning).
Middle Management Training is provided for manager positions.
Our corporate culture
Our corporate culture is solid, centered on people from Kagoshima. However, there are some areas in which our members lack in autonomy and aggressiveness.
We are aiming to gradually change this, and create a corporate culture that enables employees to positively take on risks, if necessary, by accurately assessing risks on their own, and by considering plans and workarounds to prevent them.
ITS Japan supports employees in their professional growth, for example by helping them taking certifications.
We are also working to strengthen horizontal connections between employees, through meetings and social gatherings, aiming to become an organization in which members help each other.
What is important is not “what the people around you are doing” but “what you want to be”. We want to work with people who understand their own identity and have a clear vision of their future. It is also important to have the ability to learn on one’s own and keep an eye on new technologies, as this is an industry that changes at a very fast pace.